Monday, May 11, 2009

NEW POEM - "Playing The Game" (Part Two)

Hey everybody,

Thanks for coming back. I've gotten some real good responses on "Playing The Game" and hope that you find the conclusion to be just as good if not even better. If you feel lost, scroll down just a tad and read the first part of this poem to get caught up. As usual, check it out and give me some feedback. Believe me, your opinions are truly valued.


As always, thanks for checking my work out and be ready for some upcoming announcements!



Playing The Game (Part Two)

This game's coming down to the clutch
Having played for so long and for so much
And now it all comes down to this
Down to the wire
Do I accept that ignorance is bliss?
Accepting the kiss?
Under the illusion that she's truly my Miss?
With reality dismissed?
Truth is, we're on two different levels, clearly
She doesn't hear me
Around friends I'm an after-thought
Sending me the message that her feelings are caught
But that's far from the truth
Reality reveals that eyes focus elsewhere
Feeling dazed like being dunked on under the hoop

Forced to the bench now
Put at the center of trade rumors
Serious tones between us on the phone
No longer even trying to fake humor
Which leads me to think that I may be unsigned
I'm a vet looking for a title
Sign me long-term, just one time
No need for a salary cap
My heart need not be bought
I put up numbers you can't see in the stats
Something that being a student of the game has taught
At the same time, this game's getting old
Thought I found my home team
But she's not playing fair
While she's my teammate, I'm still reminded what being alone means
As if somehow there's an "I" in team
Now she's totally denying me
Scouting other prospects
Done spending her time with me
I said before this was a game of trial and error
Forced to play on my own team
Embarking on my own free agent endeavor



-W.A. Gordon

1 comment:

  1. I like parts one and two. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete