Tuesday, July 7, 2009

NEW POEM - "Pressing Push" (Press & Push) - Part Two

Hey Everybody-

Thank you for stopping by. FINALLY...here is the sequel to Pressing Push (Press & Push). Even though it took a while to post this, I think the right words came to the forefront. I got a couple of positive words about Part One, so I hope that this one does as well, if not better, at meeting your expectations.


On a side note, I am still putting together a SPECIAL project that I hope to have completed before the end of the month. The promotion that I spoke of will be tied to it, so be ready for it when it finally comes to pass.


As usual, tell me what you think of this one - good, bad, or otherwise. And please spread the word and this site to any and everyone you know. Thanks for stopping by. Peace!



Pressing Push (Press & Push) - Part Two


The press and push is getting more real
Going past fatigue that more and more feel
This isn't to say that I don't get tired
Or I'm running on no-doze, wired
If I said this, I'd be a liar
I'm just saying-
That I press past how I feel
Never an easy checkmark on the to-do list
Still, I know I must do this
No cares if you try to disprove this
This is simply how I deal
Moving 'til I start to huff and puff
Like a legend says, don't stop 'til you get...
Well, you know what's up
Let the real recognize the real
Especially when it comes to success
Having to endure pain before knowing how pleasure feels
People trying to deal for only the good
Not accepting the opposition of the bad and ugly
It's sad, but it must be
Taking the rainy days of this life
Pressing and pushing to days all sunny
Going past the euphoria of won money
To a permanent paradise
Only seen by optimal and persistent eyes
Pressed and pushed past the limits seen by eyes

So I press and push and so on
Just off of hope I have so much to go on
Not to mention yet-to-be-fulfilled dreams
Awake or sleep, it seems tangible
Almost more real than my reality seems
Or actually is
And after the vision
Post-daydreams and after the endless wishing
I realize that I can't get there from here
Stuck in position
Have a pace to pick up
Shifting gears in my life's transmission
Really, I'm past the wishing
Reviewing my life's blueprint
Developed as I continue and press on
Challenges of this life, less of a nuisance
Taking each experience as a less-on
Shaking off the negatives
Refined the remaining positives
Pressing and pushing harder than I ever did
Letting my life serve as evidence


-W.A. Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment