Wednesday, July 29, 2009

NEW POEM - "Why Love" Part Two

Hey Everybody-

Thanks for the visit. Just dropping the sequel to "Why Love". As usual, let me know what you think of it.

Also, I've got some more news coming up soon. Keep your ears and eyes wide open ;-)

Peace.











Why Love - Part Two

Let my love stretch wide
I'm talking 'bout Agape size
A love without limits
More real than the one sung by Miss Blige
Won't let my eyes
Overlook my opportunities to love
Friends, family, and otherwise
Still continuing to turn other cheeks
But I'll love 'em even better this time
Letting old faults fall in time
Get lost in the past
Since I'm far from perfect myself
Slow to stop my love and opt to outcast

Gotta keep my love levels up
I know that I'll be challenged
In the case of a love stalemate,
Love will tip the scales in my advantage
No longer allowing hate to do its damage
That's the easy thing to do
Now putting love out for foes to have?
There's no telling the reward that'll bring to you
Not everyone will be into you
Feeling or even digging you
But this is about being the best possible inner-you
Making the action of love even more visible
Showing people the best of you
Because when it comes to love
Nothing short of the best should do

Let the love flow like waterfalls
Drenching us all like when water falls
With no sign or warning
Love clouds pierced and now storming
Let these words be heart-warming
As an unction of love starts forming
Encouraging cold hearts to heat up
Not yet kicking our feet up
Since there’s so much more left to do
Revealing the infinity of love
And that it shouldn’t only rest in you
Indeed, it should be dressed in you
But like wealth it needs to be shared
Transitioning from “love and war” to a “loving war”
Leaving no casualties to be spared…


-W.A. Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment