Friday, April 23, 2010

TEN-Minute Workout (4/23/2010) - NEW POEM

Hey,

This is probably my quickest post that I've ever done. I am in a hurry, so hence the TEN minute workout, less the normal 5 additional minutes. I just had some words on my mind and had to get it out before I get back to work. Share your thoughts! Peace!


10-Minute Workout – Part One

My goal is to be a master of words
Using quirky quotes and metaphors
Working to lead the league
Game after game, posting a better score
So that you can’t ignore
All eyes zoom in and take notice
Google me, soon
In due time, the world will know the one who wrote this
Appreciate your focus
Look at the masterpiece under construction
With classics in the making
Past “honorable mention” when my work is in discussion
Causing eyes to water up
Knees quiver up and get to buckling
No longer overlooked
Simply put – W.A.’s up to something
I’m hungry and thirsty, simultaneous
I’m on the hunt, not to be famous
Not only seeking “Bucks” for “eyes”
I’m hunting for more, like wolverines from Michigan
Want to find the broken hearts
Use my mended words so they can be fixed again
Long-lost “loves” never missed again
Reuniting separated Misters and Misses again
My whole purpose goes beyond the surface and natural
My words may come across fantastic
But they’re so relative and natural
It’s actual
Because I know that so many feel and can relate
My compilation’s is coming soon
Grab the calendar and save the date
And, no, it’s not a grand wedding or reunion date
But I promise, that my book’ll be something special
And well worth the wait
So spread the word
Or better yet, make sure that you’ve reread my words
Since sometimes seeing is believing
And many believe more of what they’ve seen than what they’ve heard…



-W.A. Gordon

1 comment: