Tuesday, June 8, 2010

5-Minute Cool Down - NEW POEM

Welcome back,

Thanks for stopping by once again. If you've been following me at all, you've probably caught on to my "15-Minute Workouts", basically my way of practicing my art while in preparation for my book release. Well, today my mind has been flooded with inspiration and I kind of had an epiphany: every good "workout" needs a "cool down". So, with that in mind, I prepared (past the midnight hour) a "5-Minute Cool Down". Let me know what you think. Thanks again for your support and for visiting!
5-Minute Cool Down

Lest my words fall on deaf ears
I admit – this is one of my fears
That my words don’t get out
My feelings and expressions finally let out
Making the inner me known
Making all of my enemy’s covers blown
Giving my opinions
My perspective’s freely shared
People may not agree with my opinion
Which is why the title “Flawed” was so aptly prepared
The words are meant to pierce hearts
Maybe even inspire smarts
Individual thinking can be an innovator
Deep inside of each of us is where the fire starts
So listen and read carefully
Can’t say for how long you’ll continue to hear from me
This is meant to nourish the brain
With no regard to if you may be near and dear to me
Avoiding being a respecter of persons
These words are fresh with no rehearsing
Pure unadulterated truth
Minus the obscenities and cursing…


-W.A. Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment