Monday, February 9, 2009

NEW POEM - "Writing Explanation"

Hey Everybody-

I just got done putting together a new piece. Funny part about this one is that I didn't know where I was going with this one until the words just started flowing. Before I knew it, I was done with a title and all. I really want your opinions on this one since it was really unexpected. Read it and leave your thoughts. I'll be back with another post soon. Thanks!






Writing Explanation (My Soul Speech)

My soul wishes that it could speak
The passion inside burns so deep
So much to say at one time
So I’m quick to use slow speech
With no risk of getting watered down
My desire’s getting hotter now
To present my thoughts to open ears
Feels like I’ve finally got ‘em now

I lace my thoughts meticulous
People disagree and call them ridiculous
They fear that I might be right
So they discount the words I write
Marked down to clearance prices
I’ve gotten used to the skeptics
Those not comfortable with my methods
Scared of the unorthodox contemporary
Taking you down the roads less-traveled
I promise you, the discomfort is only temporary

Words burn my throat like chloroseptic
Which is why with words I’m so selective
Carefully choosing my speech
In fear that my voice is de-selected
Don’t want to lose the crowd that I’ve been blessed with
Indeed, I stay open to suggestions
But I loudly proclaim my opinioned stance
My opinioned rants
Still, my opinion stands
And now even critics offer applause
The plot’s irony thickens
My self-expression goes against and breaks all laws
Translating my soul’s speech into words that are written


-W.A. Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment