Friday, February 20, 2009

NEW POEM - "Wishing Against Reality"

Hey Everybody:


Sorry for the delay in a new post, but it's been an interesting week, to say the least. I just finished putting together a new poem that kind of jumped out on its own. I will warn you:


***WARNING***WARNING***WARNING***
This is an abstract poem - very abstract. Please read it and try to make sense of it best as you can and if I hear any need for some commentary, I'll be glad to provide it in a later post.

Ususally this kind of writing is not really my style, but I started typing and didn't stop and this is what I came with. I already see this reaching out to my deep thinking audience (at least I hope so). I like it, but, again, if you want a deeper understanding of it that you cannot intepret let me know.

(Sigh of relief) Now that that's over with, read and speak on it. Thanks for visiting!


Wishing Against Reality

I look from a distance
Wishing for things that once were
My soul put up a resistance
Rebelling against what occurred
It hurts to remember what occurred
Moments in time branded in memory
A painful script with or without words
Wish I could shake and loose it from my memory
Self-analysis is up and telling me
Coercing me to relinquish hope on a lost cause
My soul’s bleeding in the midst
Submerged in confusion - a world of lost laws


Counterparts move remorseless
Second thoughts cancelled in advance
Not understanding my internal forces
No attachment to the last dance
Or any other fleeting moments of the like
The shock robs me of my speech
Leaving me silent on the mic
Never imagined that this was what it’d be like
Me stuck in position
While my formers continue to move
As I sit, stuck here, buying dreams and wishing


My mindstate is stuck in sub-zero plus wind-chill
Gambled before to win thrills
But lost it all and was forced to fold
Which is why this despair is instilled
Aging my spirit well past old
Causing me to be looked at in a way lesser
Eyes and heart continue to shun me
Seeking consolation and solace from none other but me
Looking over and seeing past roles played out
Bookmarking any progress made
However, preferred destiny spectates and stays out
Aiding the culprit’s decision
Detailing my reflections with careful precision
My counterpart is no longer in alignment
Looking at what once was and proceed with even more wishing

-W.A. Gordon

1 comment:

  1. Well, well, well...this piece is very insightful... & if it is a reflection of your current state of mind, then I hope that things can be resolved...very nice, though, Mr. Gordon...

    ~Syiedah~

    ReplyDelete