Thursday, March 26, 2009

NEW POEM - "There For You"

Hey Everybody-

I'm up late again and had to keep my word on putting something new on the blog (something that I WILL get better at doing on a regular basis). This is a piece that I wrote a little while back, but I feel still says a lot. As usual, I'm spilling my thoughts out to you and welcome your feedback. Hope to hear from you. Thanks for stopping through.


There For You

My empathy goes beyond physical reach
This life continues to teach
Reviewing life lesson after life lesson
And if pain is love,
Then I’ve morphed into the cupid of the millennium
Not experiencing the pain myself
But I feel the burn of her, him, and them
With wishes to remove the affliction
My sincere words saturated with pure conviction
Sorrowful words pierce my eardrum
Taking them in, I cringe some

Wanting to go outside to start up the engine
To provide some type of escape or outlet
I say “It’s never too late”
But the straits are dire from the outset
And the positives
Never see the light of day
Sometimes no matter how good one lives
Life can still be as dark as night today
And all that I can say
Is that the struggle still reflects beauty
Round after round with trouble
Mirror providing a stronger prototype that you’ll see

Having been purified by flames
And washed in renewing waters
Endured to be MVP of life’s game
Able to testify that it only gets harder and harder
As you approach the lighted tunnel
Know that your pain has been felt
My understanding is far from subtle
There for you more than you’ll ever realize yourself
-W.A. Gordon

1 comment:

  1. That is a nice piece. In the context of "There for you", it seems like you're saying, nothing you do can truly take the pain away that someone close to you is expriencing. All you can do is be there and be available. Definitely, the defintion of a true friend.. :)

    ReplyDelete