Thursday, March 5, 2009

NEW POEM - "Endurance"

Hey Everybody,

I'm sooooooo sorry for the absence. In between being sick and some changes in my job, I've been working on some outside work, and also life's been crazy beyond words. I apologize for not keeping up and pledge to never let it happen again. This blog isn't the only one suffering, I still have to catch up on my other ones (don't forget cavaliers.gearupforsports.com/blog and cowboys.gearupforsports.com/blog - show me some love!!!). Anyway, I'm posting a piece to whet your appetite in the meantime. It's shorter than most and is pretty direct. Also, I am planning to do a Author's Commentary soon on my last poem, "Wishing Against Reality" due to the response I've gotten. Let me know what you think. Thanks again for visiting me. Peace.

Endurance

Tired of routine
Growing weary of this scene
Same ol’ ish every day
Refuse to become obscene.
With the things that I’ve seen,
I’m now an experienced teacher
Classes now in session,
No longer coaching from the bleachers.
Although the spectators view is wide
Close to those looking in from the outside
My inside perspective provides clues
Jump into the dark pools of my eyes.
Look into my soul
See the marks stretch over time
Fatigued more than players past their prime
Stuck in perpetual overtime
Forced to resort to overdrive
Pushing past the limit set by those prior
I sit on the stand, trial by fire
No one can judge
No one can call me a liar
Testifying on my own life
Forcing the prosecution’s case to retire
Defending against the forces that be
With this all forcing me to be
Stronger than before or ever
Enduring the pain to enjoy the pleasure



-W.A. Gordon

1 comment:

  1. There is a very strong tone to this piece...not upset, but, strong and determined. It offers as a way of inspiration for people who are determined to succeed, knowing that in the end, it will have been worth it.
    Nice job!

    ~Syiedah~

    ReplyDelete