Tuesday, January 20, 2009

An Important 48 Hours!!!

Hello Everybody-


I'm up late, but I just had to say something about this historical 48 hours that is taking place. Every year we commemorate the life and times of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and we've pressed on until the day we saw the dream that he proudly proclaimed would come to pass. I don't think that I am the only one that would say that this chain of events is still very surreal and just starting to set in.


Dr. King and President Obama are men of a different cloth. Their thinking is not paralleled to the thoughts of this world, nor did they conform to the status quo set for them by their society. Like the concept of this blog and my book, these men took thinking that was considered "different" and even "radical" and turned the whole world on it's ear. It is because of them that impossibilities are turned to possibilities and possibilities are turned to inevitabilities.


On behalf of generations of people who have awaited a day of this particular magnitude, I want to say thank you to both Dr. King and President Obama. For without your efforts, I dread to think of how far behind our nation would be in it's thinking and even more fearful of an unwillingness to change and grasp a new future.


***Special Note: I have a BRAND NEW piece that I wrote to mirror this blog, but I am running on "E" and will post it later. If you have time between all of the events of the day, come back and check it out.***


Thank you all and be blessed!!!


-W.A. Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment