Friday, January 9, 2009

My First Poem - FINALLY!!!

Hey everybody. This is my first poem that I am posting to the blog. I titled this one "Leaving The Game". I'm writing about...well, why don't I let you read it and you tell me what you think it's about. Please leave some opinions and thoughts for me. Hope that you like it. Enjoy!



Leaving The Game

Sitting at a table face to face
My expression is blank
Inside of me has become the emptiest place
Metaphorical tears cascading down my face
With Niagara Falls coming in at a close second
Can’t go another second
Being told that I’m the best
But not good enough
Not as preferred as the rest
How ironic!
Making me question if I did enough
Feeling like I failed
Sent out my feelings only to get returned mail
Returned to sender immediately
My pain is evident
Easy to see it in me
When she says that she don’t see herself being with me
Speaking to the intangibles
Obviously, not visible in me
Words barricaded in my mandible
Blocking any verbal response
Been filtered from the pros to the cons
Feeling like I’m being forced out of the game like my last name was Bonds

Extradited to a state of emergency
As I scribe these words, I wince
Each letter is piercing and hurting me
With hardship I push out these words in me
Expressing my pain verbally
She sits verbalizing my denials
I try to give back a numbed smile
Failing miserably
I ask her again if it’s me
I receive negative feedback
Saying that I was the best man
But if I’m being pushed away, I just don’t see that
So many contradictions
Want so bad for this to be a sample of poor fiction
Rather, this genre bleeds of non-fiction
I sit speechless without diction
At a loss in so many ways
A two-time loser being forced into technical loss
The purse at stake-
I sacrificed myself, feeling that it was worth the cost
The risk, I felt, was worth the reward
But, then again, I never considered if I would be the one who lost
So now I return to my own corner
Can’t help but to contemplate leaving the game
Down by a lot on the last inning, round, and quarter
Realizing that a comeback doesn’t appear likely
Especially if I’m perceived as the greatest of the great
And with all of that considered she still doesn’t like me

5 comments:

  1. Hey cuz, this is a great poem call me so we can talk. love ya Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speechless...But great work, as always. ~Tanisha~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speechless...But great work, as always. ~Tanisha~ Had to leave it again...now that I am an official member of the site as well. LOL! Congratz again, Warren...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see both points of view, however, I think it really revolves around the break-up of a once good relationship when someone does not really want to be candid! So many times in life we are taught to be nice and try not to hurt other's feelings.. But the irony in that is that by not being completely honest, we end up hurting others EVEN MORE than if we would have just been completely honest in the 1st place! This is a great piece of work G! I will be texting some friends that are not already on facebook to take a look at it and give some feed back!- D Russ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for inviting me to read your AMAZING work. You never cease to amaze me! Thanks for always being there and inviting me to your blog- Team Santo : )

    ReplyDelete