Saturday, January 17, 2009

Today's Fight

Hey everybody. Lately I've had a lot of thought circulated around the battles that confront us on a day to day basis. I have a personal battle myself, but I think a more general fight to take note of is the economic struggle that anybody who lives in the U.S. can testify to in so many ways.


This past week I was given a 2009 outlook report from my employer, and I have to say, I am grateful for what I have, because not only could I have less and worse, I'm seeing people around me catching it in all kinds of ways. I don't know about you, but I have people close to me who have been laid-off or, if they're lucky, demoted with less pay. It's getting cold out here, but feeling bad about it unfortunately won't alleviate the pain (but what a world it would be if it did).


This whole situation has moved me to write about the need to press on. We have a long ways to go before we get in a better position as a country economically. I'm sure with the events to come in the coming days that we'll see glimpses of that hope. I know that I have my own aspirations outside of just increasing my income, so for those on another thinking plane, I'm sure that you will make it relative to you, too. Be on the lookout in coming days for this new piece. I hope that you find value in it as I do in presenting it to you.


-W.A. Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment